Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Honeymoon Teaser

I've arisen from my jet lagged haze to say a few words about Dublin, Ireland. It feels like we've only just arrived so we haven't done a ton of exploring. I've managed to have two pints of Guinness and a glass of wine--a Cabernet Sauvignon if you're curious. It's been a little while since I've had a Guinness but I think it tastes better in Ireland. It feels like it's fresher. Maybe it's not better but perhaps smoother and creamier, like a chocolate milk shake. My perception might be further skewed by the fact that Guinness is best enjoyed around the fall and winter months.
It's been a fun day or two but the best is yet to come. We've got two nights of theatre and a drive to Kilkenny come hell or high water. We also plan to hit the Guinness bottling plant as well as the Jameson distillery. I'm sure there will also be a pub or two worth mentioning. Who knows? Maybe I'll even get in a fist fight. I can always use more blog fodder. Be sure to check back next week for a much more interesting post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guiness is most definitely different across the pond. Not that I know from experience, but we do beer tastings on the air every Thursday, and one of our regular tasters always says this about Guiness.

Post a Comment